Theme and goals
Under the theme Appreciating Difference, the conference will bring reflections and exchanges on the diversity of our contemporary world and on the challenges related to it. Of course this diversity is not in itself a threat, as environmental dangers, technological risks or climate change can be, but a useful resource still waiting to reveal its full potential. Among the questions that could be discussed, let us mention:
- human relations to Nature and their cultural, technological and political mediation;
- social dynamics within multilingual or multicultural political entities;
- current reality of native communities;
- regionalism in the era of globalization;
- the impact, cost and politics of environmental and climatic changes and
- human migrations of any scale and any causes that recompose the social mosaic anywhere in the world.